enigmail and gnupg on linux xandros

Condor Kim toothache200873 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 05:06:32 CET 2009

i have a question about using enigmail on linux.

i recently bought an eee pc 901 with linux xandros on it. i added debian repo and i wanted to install enigmail on my thunderbird. but when i do a search on my synaptic i get a response that i need to install icedove together with enigmail. i looked up icedove and learned that it's something very similar to thunderbird. i don't know if the thunderbird on my eeepc is in fact the same as icedove, and so i went ahead to install icedove and enigmail on my eeepc. but then i got the errors:

e:icedove: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
e: enigmail: dependency problem -- leaving unconfigured
e: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure - a' to correct the problem

and then my eeepc crashed that night and i have to reinstall the OS

can anyone tell me what's going on? and how do i install enigmail on linux xandros with thunderbird? is icedove the same as the thunderbird that came with eeepc 901?

and what about gnupg itself? i saw in the synaptic that it's already installed. can it be used with thunderbird? how to use it on linux? is there a site that gives instruction? is there something on linux similar to gpg4win?

thanks so much