enigmail and gnupg on linux xandros

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Feb 9 07:07:51 CET 2009

Condor Kim wrote:
> e:icedove: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> e: enigmail: dependency problem -- leaving unconfigured
> e: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure - a' to
> correct the problem

This is an Icedove and/or Xandros error.  It is not an Enigmail error.
For that reason, we're not able to help you out very much with it.  We
wish you luck with the reinstallation.  A lot of people report excellent
success installing plain-vanilla Ubuntu on netbooks; it might be worth a
shot as opposed to the highly customized Xandros you're currently running
.
> and what about gnupg itself? i saw in the synaptic that it's already
> installed. can it be used with thunderbird? how to use it on linux?

We recommend reading the Enigmail Quick Start Guide.