paperkey // ? feature request

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Tue Feb 10 16:49:40 CET 2009

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
wrote on Sun Feb 8 22:41:10 CET 2009 :

>In OpenPGP, a secret key is just a public key with some
>extra stuff (the secret numbers) tacked on to the end.  That's how

>paperkey makes the keys so small - it can safely leave off all the

>public key information.

well,
speaking for the very small contingent of the
occasionally maybe-too-secretive ;-)

would ask to consider the following scenario,
and if there is a possible paper key solution:

for those extremely private secrets
where one prefers to hide even the public key
that a file is encrypted to,

and uses the 'throw-keyid' option,
and also
uses a public key generated for only this purpose,
not put up on any keyserver,
and not kept on any of the other keyrings,
(and therefore much easier to lose ... ;-) )

is there a way to get paperkey to reconstruct both the public and
secret keys, given the secret key ?

tia,

vedaal

any ads or links below this message are added by hushmail without
my endorsement or awareness of the nature of the link

--
Need cash? Click to get an emergency loan, bad credit ok
 http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/PnY6qxsmmu5OZiJnelXLqMehzTGAlwhiNa1GxR4EWRNHLiPMeouYH/