Howto import more than one key from a keyserver at a time

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Feb 11 23:22:23 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:29:15AM -0600, John Clizbe wrote:

> It won't check the keys that it needs to fetch, you'll need to run
> the commands again. Note, this can get you a LOT of keys that you
> may have little interest in.

Indeed, a whole lot of keys.  It might be more useful to pick a person
you are trying to make a connection to and just fetch the keys along
that path.  I've often thought that a clever keyserver could do that
(i.e. download the keys that form the shortest trust path between two
keys).  Wotsap and http://pgp.cs.uu.nl are 80% of the way there
already.

David