paperkey // ? feature request

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Tue Feb 10 20:31:19 CET 2009

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
wrote on Tue Feb 10 19:18:22 CET 2009 :

>>uses a public key generated for only this purpose,
>> not put up on any keyserver,

>This seems to be a misapplication of asymmetric crypto.  Asymmetric
>crypto is generally inappropriate for session keys.

the situation i was describing is something like this:

[1] 'very-important-secret' encrypted in ascii armored form to
unpublished public key using throw-keyid option

[2] above mentioned message posted anonymously to newsgroup like
comp.security.pgp.test
from internet cafe,
(pre-paid in cash, using new usb drive with nothing else on it)

[3] plausible deniability is maintained, even if entire secret
keyring have to be given up, with all passphrases

Sven Radde email at sven-radde.de
wrote on Tue Feb 10 19:27:44 CET 2009 :

>Maybe this posting from a thread when I asked to extend paperkey
for use
>with revocation certificates is also useful for Vedaal:
>http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2008-
October/034741.html

Yes, Thanks!
i really like the idea of hexadecimal encoding line by line with
checksums

it's a very useful and do-able way to print out a secret key block
with the plan of later having it be re-digitalized using OCR
(and even do-able if necessary to type it in line by line)
Thanks!

vedaal

any ads or links below this message are added by hushmail without
my endorsement or awareness of the nature of the link

--
Click to learn about options trading and get the latest information.
 http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/PnY6qxtXbfHA0WEXqWVU4NVaqhYNQjY60C5jfc5xRA7NWFFbU6Q7V/