Command Line Use of GPG

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Sun Feb 22 03:24:29 CET 2009

gerry_lowry (alliston ontario canada) wrote:
> Hello Robert ... what, me paranoid?  Okay, I admit maybe a little.
> Likely a lot.  You're not with the CIA, are you?

Probably not. The TLA folks who ARE on this list (and others) are much more
likely to be lurkers than to draw attention to themselves by posting.

> Do I have control of my system?  I hope so.  It's almost impossible to know.

Sorry, but it's quite easy to know. Competent system and network administrators
do it every day /for systems under their control/.

> Perhaps Bill Gates has control of my system.  That's unlikely but not impossible.
> I used to work for Microsoft.  Perhaps I have control of your system.  Likely not.

Those arguments all seem to have a dependency on running Microsoft's software...

> Is your name really Robert?

Yeah, it ("/most likely/") is. There are elements of Rob's identity that I know
which would be _quite_ difficult to manufacture.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or