installing gpg on Mandriva 2009

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 3 03:39:04 CET 2009

I've updated my Mandrake 10.1 box to 2009. On the 10.1 system gpg and
gpg-agent were working smoothly.  I installed gnupg-2.0.9 from source and
copied my old .conf files over to the .gnupg folder. I also installed kgpg.
When trying to add my key in Kmail to Identies > Cryptography >OpenPGP Signing
key the "fetching keys" bar continues to scroll back and forth without
fetching anything. My key is on the key servers. My key is entered in the
OpenPGP encryption key block already.  I had this working correctly in 10.1
but it won't work now. I must be missing something. I have all the required
libraries installed as well as pinentry-qt.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris