installing gpg on Mandriva 2009

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 3 05:46:19 CET 2009

On Friday 02 January 2009 20:39:04 Chris wrote:
> I've updated my Mandrake 10.1 box to 2009. On the 10.1 system gpg and
> gpg-agent were working smoothly.  I installed gnupg-2.0.9 from source and
> copied my old .conf files over to the .gnupg folder. I also installed kgpg.
> When trying to add my key in Kmail to Identies > Cryptography >OpenPGP
> Signing key the "fetching keys" bar continues to scroll back and forth
> without fetching anything. My key is on the key servers. My key is entered
> in the OpenPGP encryption key block already.  I had this working correctly
> in 10.1 but it won't work now. I must be missing something. I have all the
> required libraries installed as well as pinentry-qt.  Any advice would be
> appreciated.
>
> Chris
One other note on the above, gpg-agent appears not to be running at least
that's what Kmail says when it starts. Trying to run from the cli gives me:

[root at localhost ~]# gpg-agent
gpg-agent[24043]: can't connect to `/root/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent': No such file or
directory
gpg-agent: no gpg-agent running in this session