Paperkey on windows

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Jan 10 01:02:28 CET 2009

Faramir wrote:
> If I understood the license the right way, I can send it, as long as
> I include the source code...

Not quite.  The GPL doesn't require you to give source with the binary.
 It just requires that if you give someone a binary, you make sure they
know they can also get the source from you.

> but while I trust John didn't modified the code before sending the
> compiled file to me, I am not sure if I saying "I trust the binary
> file is true to the tarball, but just because I trust the guy that
> compiled it, I don't have any real proof of that" would be enough.

Trust is a dodgy thing.  My best advice is to say exactly what you've
said here: "I trust the guy who compiled it, but I don't have any proof
that he didn't do evil things to it."