PHP Frontend

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Tue Jan 20 12:14:33 CET 2009

zim2901 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a frontend to generate gpg public keys in PHP. There is a
> function called shell_exec. This function, execute a command via shell. But
> you can only pass one command to the funktion.
> If I start cmd.exe and take the command "gpg --gen-key", gpg opens a dialog.
> My problem is that gpg only works with this dialog. It gives a question and
> anticipate a responce. So I tried to pipe the necessary informations with a
> txt.- file, but it doesn't work!
> My question is, if it is possible to generate keys without do that dialog?
> In an other forum, sombody explains that this is not possible, because of
> secureness... If that is true, my whole projekt stops!
>
> Has anybody an idea?

See the section "Unattended key generation" in the file DETAILS in the doc
directory of the source code distribution.

[...]From DETAILS...
Here is an example:
$ cat >foo <<EOF
     %echo Generating a standard key
     Key-Type: DSA
     Key-Length: 1024
     Subkey-Type: ELG-E
     Subkey-Length: 1024
     Name-Real: Joe Tester
     Name-Comment: with stupid passphrase
     Name-Email: joe at foo.bar
     Expire-Date: 0
     Passphrase: abc
     %pubring foo.pub
     %secring foo.sec
     # Do a commit here, so that we can later print "done" :-)
     %commit
     %echo done
EOF
$ gpg --batch --gen-key foo
 [...]
$ gpg --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring ./foo.sec \
				  --keyring ./foo.pub --list-secret-keys
/home/wk/work/gnupg-stable/scratch/foo.sec
sec  1024D/915A878D 2000-03-09 Joe Tester (with stupid passphrase) <joe at foo.bar>
ssb  1024g/8F70E2C0 2000-03-09

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or