compatibility of Gnupg-1.4.9 to Gnupg-1.0.6

rahul kaushik er.rahulkausik at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:16:07 CET 2009

Hi All,
Thanks for your attention towards my problem.
One thing that i still would like to know about gpg is
Is it possible for me to use keyring and trustdb of Gnupg-1.4.9  while using
Gnupg-1.0.6. can keyring generated ( using --gen-key ) by Gnupg-1.4.9 be
used with gnupg-1.0.6.

What i think, it may not be possible to convert keyring or trustdb from
upper version ( 1.4.9 )
 to keyring of lower version ( 1.0.6 ).

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,