My public key block appears different on keyservers

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Jul 1 16:15:48 CEST 2009

On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Matt Gantner wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have uploaded my public key (GnuPG v2.0.10 (Darwin)) via command
> line and copy / paste methods into keys.gnupg.net and pgpkeys.mit.edu
> and when I look up the key on the systems they are different. I have
> been looking at this problem for a few days and uploading my keys to
> servers. So far none have shown me the same key that I produce on my
> machine.

Not a bug or a problem.  OpenPGP keys can be represented in many
different, but functionally equivalent, ways.  Different keyservers
may choose different packet length types, etc.  In your particular
case, it looks like they just chose different places to place line
breaks in the ascii output.

David