GPG Setup

t eden t.eden at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 14:45:47 CEST 2009

I am rather new at gnupg and encryption. I have spent a good deal of time reading up on the subject. So, I think I understand what my setup should be, but would like input from the experts.  :-)

1. Change to sha256.

2. Generate separate keys for signing, certifying, and encrypting.

3. Generate a revocation certificate.

4. Disable hibernation on all my machines to make sure passwords aren't saved to hibernation file....   (just kidding)

Thank you so much for your comments.

Here is my gpg.conf:

###+++--- GPGConf ---+++###
utf8-strings
keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net
###+++--- GPGConf ---+++### 05/28/09 17:27:21 Eastern Daylight Time
# GPGConf edited this configuration file.
# It will disable options before this marked block, but it will
# never change anything below these lines.
verbose
## --personal-digest-preferences string
## Set the list of personal digest preferences to string. Use gpg2--version to
## get a list of available algorithms.
# personal-digest-preferences SHA256
personal-digest-preferences H8 H2 H10 H3 H9 H1
##===========================================================================================
## --default-preference-list "string"
## Set the list of default preferences to "string." This preference list is used for
## new keys and becomes the default for "setpref" in the edit menu.
default-preference-list SHA512 SHA256 SHA384 SHA224 AES256 AES192 AES CAST5 ZLIB BZIP2 ZIP Uncompressed
##===========================================================================================
enable-dsa2
# cert-digest-algo sha256
ask-cert-level