Cant get Fellowship card to work

Sean Wilson mcse83 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 7 22:24:40 CEST 2009

Hello Everyone,

I bought myself an SCM' SCR3340 ExpressCard smart card reader for my
laptop. I also signed up for a Fellowship smart card at:

http://fellowship.fsfe.org/card.en.html

I run Vista with SP2 and I have GnuPG 1.4.9 installed. When I go to a
command line and run the following command:

gpg --card-status

or

gpg --card-edit

I get the following error:

gpg: detected reader `AKS ifdh 0'
gpg: detected reader `AKS ifdh 1'
gpg: detected reader `AKS VR 0'
gpg: detected reader `Aladdin Token JC 0'
gpg: detected reader `SCM Microsystems Inc. SCR3340 ExpressCard Reader 0'
gpg: pcsc_connect failed: removed card (0x80100069)
gpg: card reader not available
gpg: OpenPGP card not available: general error

I *know* my smart card reader has been installed correctly as I can see
it in device manager. I have even updated to the latest drivers today
and firmware. For some reason I just cant read my Fellowship card.

Can anyone help please? Is it a hardware issue? An incompatible smart
card reader?

I have also just ordered 3 of the new OpenPGP cards (that supprt 3072
but keys) and I am REALLY hoping I dont have the same problem like I am
with the Fellowship card ;-(

Thank you.