OpenPGP Smartcard and MacOS

reynt0 reynt0 at cs.albany.edu
Mon Jul 20 22:07:11 CEST 2009

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Alexander Bertram wrote:
  . . .
> - how can I generate an asymmetric keypair on an OpenPGP
> Smartcard on an Mac OS X Environment ?
  . . .

Maybe this should be a separate thread, but I'll ask here
since it may affect the poster's activities.

Beginning with OS 10.4, Apple's EULA (maybe some Microsoft
too, I don't know those EULAs) includes wording that can be
interpreted as saying that they claim the right for themselves
or their associates to take any information they want from your
computer at any time they want.  The OS 10.5 EULA adds wording
that may be saying they can change your Mac's programs anyway
they want anytime they want.  There has been some discussion about
the 10.4 EULA at <http://www.eulascan.com/product.aspx?pid=22>.

Could your computer's memory contents be saved while you are
en/decrypting, and then sent off to someone?  Could the gpg
executable be modified to let people evesdrop or something?
And all OK according to the EULA?