OpenPGP Smartcard and MacOS

Alexander Bertram alexanderbertram at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:07:54 CEST 2009

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to use my OpenPGP Smartcard with MacOS.

I have some experience to manage this Smartcard in a Windows Environment,
with the help of Thunderbird and its Add-On ENIGMAIL.
Among Windows there was no difficulty to generate a keypair on a Smartcard,
I did not even have to use any command line syntax...

I have already installed these programs in Mac OS too, but unfortunately do
not encounter any Option to manage a Smartcard.
I am using my old KOBIL USB Smartcard-Reader (secOVID Reader plus) with pin
pad that should be sufficient (it already worked fine with
Thunderbird/Enigmail in Windows).

Do I maybe have to use some other programs?
Does anyone have an idea how to solve this issue?

- how can I generate an asymmetric keypair on an OpenPGP Smartcard on an Mac
OS X Environment ?
- do I need any other Driver/Progs?
- are there any Live-Linux Systems that unite all the necessary programs in
one OS?

I appreciate for any help,

Alex