Possible to recreate GPG using pen and paper?

Harry Rickards hrickards at l33tmyst.com
Fri Jun 5 08:52:21 CEST 2009

Would it be possible to do the same job that GPG does (using all the
same algorithms) simply using a pen and paper? You can do simple
public key crypto with RSA, by choosing two primes and doing a
multitude of stuff with them. I understand that it will take a while
to actually encrypt/decrypt something, and you'll need a calculator as
well, but it would be fun to try all the same.

Thanks
Harry Rickards

P.S Not signed as I'm currently using an iPhone.