backup all keys of DSA+ELG pair?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Jun 5 16:45:40 CEST 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 2:00 AM, Kārlis Repsons wrote:

> Hi there,
> please, how can I make a keypair of DSA and ELG keys, 4 keys, as I
> understand,
> and then export all of them to another machine's gpg?
> Using --export, --export-secret-keys, --export-secret-subkeys, then
> --import
> for each of 3 previous commands failed me... Also the same, if I
> used key
> IDs. How to do it?

It depends what you are trying to do.  If you want to export both the
secret and public keys, then do this:

Machine 1: gpg --export-secret-keys (thekey) > myfile.gpg
Machine 2: gpg --import myfile.gpg

If you want to export just the public key, then do this:

Machine 1: gpg --export (thekey) > myfile.gpg
Machine 2: gpg --import myfile.gpg

David