GnuPG 2 under Windows

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Sun Jun 21 09:28:42 CEST 2009

Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> Joel C. Salomon wrote:
>> Is a build of GnuPG more recent than 1.4.9 available for Windows?
>
> To rephrase my question /per/ the subject line:  Is there a build of
> GnuPG 2 available for Windows?

Putting the question you wish answered in the /message body/ is usually
the more _reliable_ method of getting it answered.

GnuPG 2.0 is a reimplementation of GnuPG using shared libraries. Many
readers of this list view it and the 1.4 branch as separate products,
not a later version of 1.4.x

Anyway...

Did you Try Google? "Google Is Your Friend®" (As are the list archives)

Googling "gnupg+for+windows"

http://www.google.com/search?q=gnupg%2Bfor%2Bwindows

www.gpg4win.org is the first hit.

Changing it to "gnupg+2.0+for+windows" moves gpg4win.org to #3.

GnuPG 2.0 is included in the GPG4WIN package, along with a whole slew of
other products which one may find useful on Windows. Version 1.1.4
contains a fix for users on MS Windows Vista. Versions prior to that
will run fine on XP and 2000.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or