GnuPG 2 under Windows

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jun 22 09:20:34 CEST 2009

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 07:19, joelcsalomon at gmail.com said:

> To rephrase my question /per/ the subject line:  Is there a build of
> GnuPG 2 available for Windows?

http://www/gpg4win.org

Please wait a few days and the BETA version of Gpg4win/2 will have its
first release.

gpg4win-2.x is much larger than 1.1.3.  However we will also provide a
light version without included documentation and with just GnuPG, Claws,
a keymanager and a context menu extension for the Explorer.  That one
will then be the suggest binary version of GnuPG.

In the long term the use of GnuPG 1.4 will be deprecated on desktop
machines; i.e. for non-server machines.  From an OpenPGP user
perspective there is not much difference between GnuPG 1.4 and 2.0.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner