auto key locate using keyid

Joseph Oreste Bruni jbruni at me.com
Tue Mar 3 18:27:28 CET 2009

Is there a way to have GnuPG automatically retrieve a key for encryption similar to the way the "auto-key-locate" feature works, but when specifying a keyid instead of an email address? For example, if someone has a key id, but not a key, I would like gpg to automatically pull the key from my configured key server.

Background: This is for an automated batch job. Signed keys are updated into our key server. I would like to be able to skip the step where I need to manually load the new key into the batch processor's keyring every time I receive a new key. Recipients are specified using KeyIDs which are stored in a database table based on a customer ID.