Use GPG to create encrypted files readable by PGP

gpg2.20.maniams at dfgh.net gpg2.20.maniams at dfgh.net
Wed May 6 19:53:41 CEST 2009

Dear Members :

Could you (or the list ) help me with the following :

- I have an source xl file - say something dot xls
- I wish to encrypt this and the recipient is say Mr. Y
- I wish to have an encrypted result file that is recognized and readable by
Mr. Y using PGP
- A command line (that assumes the following ) would be of great help

Source file              :    something.xls
Source directory     :    c:\somewhere\
Result requested    :    something.xls.pgp -> file that can be decrypted by
PGP
Result directory      :    c:\somewhere\

recipient        :    Mr. Y. :
                        I have his pub key on my ring.
                        I trust Mr. Y (in real life I have verified his e
mail etc).
                        But Mr. Y's pub key on my key ring may or
                        _may NOT_ have trusted signatures / trust levels etc
on the key.

My System        :    win XP
My knowledge level:    I can open the command prompt and type..report back
error messages etc

thanks in advance
Best regards
maniams