Question regarding signature

Brian Mearns mearns.b at gmail.com
Wed May 13 16:28:03 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:38 AM, David Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>>    I have 2 different vendors an dI would like to sign their keys using 2
>> different private keys. I don't want to share my public key between them.
>> When ever I try to sign the key the software doesn't give me the option to
>> select my won key, it always use my default key. how can I achieve this.
>> Please help me as I need to finish this project ASAP.
>
> gpg -u (the-key-i-want-to-sign-with) --sign-key (the-key-i-want-to-sign)
>
> David

I have to wonder why you don't want to share your public key between
them? You understand that's the whole point of public-key-cryptography
schemes like those used by gpg, right? A public key is public, it's
meant to be shared and doing so does not cause any [feasible] security
risks.

-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://keys.gnupg.net