Key Transition Letter 2009-05-21

gpg2.20.maniams at dfgh.net gpg2.20.maniams at dfgh.net
Sun May 24 09:48:24 CEST 2009

Wow Felipe ... WowT

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 8:38 AM, webmaster at felipe1982.com
<+gpg2+maniams+aec56db6fa.webmaster#felipe1982.com at spamgourmet.com> wrote:

> > As of this writing, no algorithm supported by GnuPG has been
> > compromised.  Even MD5 is still on its feet.
> i don't think this is correct. See:
> http://th.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/People/lucks/HashCollisions/
>

> felipe

I say Wow here to the simple presentation of the collision and also
forwarding this great piece here. The technical gurus of this board may have
found the above link boring....but a novice like me found it very
interesting

I'm looking for similar simple explanations like the above on what a hash
functions is and what algorithms are and what other basics should some one
know before making _their_own_ choice of algos, hash etc

any pointers would be most appreciated

regards
maniams