RSA+RSA is now the default

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Mon May 25 19:54:20 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 6:25 PM, John Clizbe <John at mozilla-enigmail.org> wrote:
> Nicholas Cole wrote:
>> It's a small point and I don't mean to get side-tracked, but if any
>> front-ends have used this menu, I rather fear that you have replaced
>> one evil (not using the right default) with a worse one - presenting
>> one thing in the front end and doing another behind the scenes!
>
> I think Werner has already pointed out that any program relying on the
> menus is living in sin. The batch-file approach for generating keys has
> been documented for quite some time.

I completely agree for creating keys, for which there is the
batch-file approach.  Adding subkeys is another matter.

And while I have never written anything that 'lives in sin' in the way
you describe, I was just pointing out that if Warner was assuming such
things exist (I am sure they do) then there could be unfortunate
consequences as a result of the way this (entirely proper) change has
been made!

Best,