Multiple Identities

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Mon Nov 16 21:10:37 CET 2009

T. Howell-Cintron wrote:
> I'm roughly familiar with GnuPG and have used it in the past when I had
> a single presence, a single e-mail address, etc.
>
> I'm in a position now where I'm using multiple e-mail addresses, for
> different purposes, but want to share the same key for the sake of
> simplicity in my applications (Enigmail for example).  I know it's
> possible to use one key for multiple e-mail addresses/identities but I'm
> not sure how to go about doing it.
>
> Any tips would be appreciated.

If using Enigmail in your copy of Thunderbird: OpenPGP --> Key Management.
Click the key you wish to modify and either from the Edit menu or right-click
and select Manage User IDs. Click Add. Fill in Name Email Address and any
Comment. Click OK

From a command (aka DOS) window:

gpg --edit-key 0xdecafbad adduid

Answer the prompts for Real name:, Email address:, & Comment:
If all looks fine, select (O)kay to commit the change.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or