Newbie question: Where do I put my trusted key?

laredotornado laredotornado at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:56:40 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm new to gpg and I just installed gpg and gpg-agent for Mac OS 10.5.6.
Whenever I run the gpg command, I'm prompted for the passphrase.  Is there
any skip that if I am running the command as a particular user for a
particular key?  Here is an example interaction below ...

ocho:~ dalvarado$ /opt/local/bin/gpg --trust-model always --sign --force-mdc
-e -a --homedir /Users/dalvarado/.gnupg --recipient 23AC19FF

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Dave Alvarado <dalvarado at www.colorado.gov>"
2048-bit RSA key, ID A34ED8DD, created 2009-09-30

gpg: gpg-agent is not available in this session
Enter passphrase:

What is also odd is that I'm told, "gpg: gpg-agent is not available in this
session" but I just installed the agent.  Any help in troubleshooting is
appreciated, - Dave