Bit length incorrect on OpenPGP 2.0 card

Sean Wilson mcse83 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:52:14 CEST 2009

When I create a brand new key pair on an OpenPGP 2.0 card and I tell it
to create a signing,encryption and authentication key of 2048bits in
length it created two of the three keys as 2048bit but the other one is
1024bit! I have tried this many times on two cards and they both seem to
behave the same way, how do I force gpg to create 2048bit keys for all
the keys I generate? If I try to create a key pair of 1024 or 3072bits
in length the same thing happens.

What am I doing wrong?