Does the SCM SCR3320 work with GnuPG?

Florian Schüttler florian.schuettler at tu-ilmenau.de
Wed Sep 16 18:03:42 CEST 2009

On Wednesday, Sep 16, 2009 Peter Lebbing wrote:
> Peter Lebbing wrote:
> Well, bit of a disappointment, but hopefully it can be fixed. It turned out
> that the reader included with the new model MyKey is the SCT3511. It seems
> like a nice device: it can also support hybrid cards and be used as a
> contactless token when not plugged in.
>
> However, it does not work error free with GnuPG (Debian version 1.4.9-4).
>
> - Basic access works
> - Changing cardholder name works
> - Command "verify" works
> - Changing Admin PIN works
> - Changing "user" PIN FAILS
> - Anything involving RSA keys FAILS

If it is a v2 card as you mentioned earlier you should try using GnuPG 1.4.10.
I had pretty much the same issues with a PC/SC reader (ReinerSCT cyberjack
ecom plus) on Debian Lenny (1.4.9-3+lenny1) until I tried 1.4.10 with which
there were no problems, except that I did not get the keypad to work yet.

Florian