What to do when subkey expires?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue Apr 6 03:47:02 CEST 2010

On Apr 5, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Brian Mearns wrote:

> Sorry for such a simple question, but I can't find a simple answer. My
> signing and encryption subkeys have expired, so do I just create new
> subkeys, and upload to the SKS servers? Do I have to delete the
> subkeys, or revoke them?

If they've expired, you don't need to do anything special: just make some new subkeys and upload to the servers.  Alternately, you can extend the expiration on your current keys and upload them to the servers.

Many people use key expiration as an opportunity to make new keys, but the choice is yours.

David