Where to find g13?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Apr 6 11:28:33 CEST 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:40, alavarre at gmail.com said:

> Hello. Can someone please show me a link to download and install *G13*,
> the LUKS replacement? Alternatively, would you suggest an exit to the
> quagmire below... Extensive googling has not succeeded.

This is in the development branch of GnuPG.  As of now it only supports
EncFS as a backend and thus you can't use it as a replacement.

  svn co svn://cvs.gnupg.org/gnupg/trunk

> Compiling gpgme 1.3.0 from source fails with a warning that g13 is not
> available. I cannot find a copy on my system or in its repositories.

That is should be just a warning and gpgme should build fine.

> It is just a *configure* warning, so I can proceed to *make*, but then
> that then fails with
> 	error: assuan.h: No such file or directory

Yeah, you need to install the development package for libassuan 2.0

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner