Receiving invalid packet errors when decryption Ascii Armored data

Seidl, Scott SeidlS at schneider.com
Tue Apr 6 21:25:09 CEST 2010

I am sending data to a vendor for processing and they are at times having issues decrypting our files.  We are ASCII armoring the file before we send it, and they are receiving a error of:

gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=2d)

gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=2d)

I've look at the file we sent to them and see no issues or extra data around the ASCII Armor header/trailer records.

Can someone provide more details on what would be causing this error?  I've seen this with Binary (non- ASCII armored) files.

I am using GNUPG v 1.4.9 to encrypt the files on a Linux box.  I can tell that the vendor is also using GNUPG from the error email I get, but I don't know the version.

Thanks

Scott Seidl
Schneider National, Inc.
Application Development