Elliptic curves in gnupg status?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sat Apr 24 17:16:41 CEST 2010

On 04/23/2010 11:24 PM, Faramir wrote:
>   Well, I don't know anything about development plans, I think it is
> very likely we won't see ecc implemented in GnuPG _unless_ it is
> included first in OpenPGP standard. If GnuPG implements ecc before it
> becomes standard, we would get keys that would only work with GnuPG
> versions including ecc.

So, if you're interested in getting this support underway, you should
pprobably offer feedback on the I-D outlining how ecc should work with
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jivsov-openpgp-ecc

the IETF OpenPGP Working Group is probably a good place to offer feedback:

 http://www.imc.org/ietf-tls/mail-archive/

	--dkg