Elliptic curves in gnupg status?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 26 08:57:11 CEST 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:16, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

>   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jivsov-openpgp-ecc

Actually the working group informally agreed on this draft after we
changed a few US centric things.

It is just a matter of implementing it in GnuPG.  Sergi started with
that but I have seen fully working code so far.  I spend most of the
last week to remove the secring.gpg related code in gpg and move the
secret key processing entirely to gpg-agent.  It is far from being
finished but it helps to integrate new algorithms more easily (we don't
have to keep pubring and secring in sync).  My idea of implementing ECC
is to first work on the signing part (ECDSA) before moving to the
encryption part with a later version.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner