recieving/updating Public Keys from SKS keyserver to pubring.gpg

MFPA expires2010 at ymail.com
Thu Aug 5 02:38:47 CEST 2010

Hi

On Wednesday 4 August 2010 at 8:14:16 AM, in
<mid:646262.92885.qm at web94804.mail.in2.yahoo.com>, Prasanth Thandra
wrote:

> When a user
> receives an encrypted mail from his peer ... he is able
> to read the mail only after receiving the KEY of sender
> to his pubring.gpg .

Not quite right, but Faramir has already addressed this point.

> But the problem here is each user has to receive KEYs
> of all the other one after another....which i dont think
> is the correct way. ???????

It would be the usual way to download keys from the server as needed.

> is there any way of receiving
> all the Public-keys that are available with the local SKS
> keyserver ???????

If all the keys on your local server have a common string in the
user-id, this would be trivial. Let's assume the common string is
"@domain.example" and try issuing the command

gpg --keyserver hkp://localhost --recv-key @domain.example

Doesn't that fetch all keys on that server containing that string?

Or maybe "gpg --fetch-keys hkp://localhost" might do it?

> if it is ?? how to update users
> pubring.gpg periodically

Put the required commands in a batch file and schedule it to be run
periodically, perhaps?

> or  when ever a new KEY is
> received by the KEYSERVER? Please help me..

"--auto-key-locate [parameters]" could be used to fetch new keys as
needed, rather than as soon as posted to the server

- --
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2010 at ymail.com

Wisdom is a companion to age; yet age may travel alone.