Keypair is expiring.

Klaus Vink Slott klaus at vink-slott.dk
Fri Aug 6 16:07:31 CEST 2010

Thursday 5. August 2010 20:12:17 MFPA wrote:
> > Can I extend the life of the subkey or do I issue a new
> > sub-key.
>
> You can extend the life of a subkey (when editing your key, select the
> subkey then issue the "expire" command), but I've more often seen
> people suggest replacing it.
Thanks. I opted to extend the key life as I don't suspect that my key has been
compromised.

I think that in doing so the the gnupg program/handbook is not very good in
explaining how to select  key. I find it quite confusing that if you start the
program with --edit-key [subkey-id] and issue a expire command - then I am
offered to extend the life of the primary key. This let me to the conclusion
that is was not possible to extend the validity on a subkey. My fault and now
every thing is great for the next 5 years ;-)

--
Klaus