policy url is not set on selfsigs

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Sun Aug 8 00:07:34 CEST 2010

Hi.

I've just realised that policy URLs (--set-policy-urls) seem to be not
set on self-sigs (e.g. when resigning the key via changing the prefs or
so).

If that's not a bug,... why have you chosen not to put it on self-sigs?
AFAIU RFC4880 it's just the policy under which a signature was made.
So one could under the url used for the selfsigs find, the policy of the
key itself (e.g.).

Cheers,
Chris.

btw: Can anybody tell me what --sig-keyserver-url is? Is that simply for
setting the perferred keyserver sig subpacket (23)?
Why does it say something about data signs? I thought that should go
onto self-sigs?