gpg-agent does not work

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Aug 11 12:40:53 CEST 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:30, jimoe at sohnen-moe.com said:

>   There is a log this in the log file. However, these are entries for
> ssh, not TB/Enigmail.

Right, nothing of interest for us.

To check gpg-agent you should use "gpg-connect-agent" and for example
enter the command

  > getinfo socket_name
  D /tmp/gpg-YI0nEA/S.gpg-agent

This returns the same socket as in the environment variable.  Right?

My guess is that TB does not know the envvar and thus can't connect
gpg-agent.  Please start TB from an xterm and see whether it knows the
envvar.  I am not sure whether it is possible to spawn a shell from TB,
if so , try gpg-connect-agent via such a shell.

Another way to debug this is to attach ktrace or strace to TB and grep
the socket name.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner