Build Gnupg2 to have bin name gpg

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Aug 11 21:58:02 CEST 2010

On 8/11/2010 2:49 PM, Joseph Isadore Ziff wrote:
> I've been wanting to build gnupg2 to have the bin/executable name gpg
> instead of gpg2 but have so far been unsuccessful in tracking down
> exactly what bits of the source code need to be altered. I am running a
> linux i386 system. I know this question might be a bit trivial, but any
> help you could give me is greatly appreciated.

The filename is set, I believe, in g10/Makefile.am.  Look for a line
called "bin_PROGRAMS".  You will also need to adjust certain targets:
for instance, "gpg2_SOURCES" will become "gpg_SOURCES", "gpg2_OBJECTS"
becomes "gpg_OBJECTS", and so on.

It is not especially hard to do, but it requires a little fluency with
the GNU Autotools.