GPG decryption issues on WINDOWS 2003 SERVER

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Aug 13 02:32:34 CEST 2010

On 8/12/2010 6:19 PM, Harakiri wrote:
> This issue has nothing todo with GNUPG. This issue has also nothing
> todo with Windows 2003. The issue has something todo that the
> original author, and you dont know much about java programming at
> all.

Let's scale back the imprecations a little bit.  Criticize errors, not
people.  For instance:

> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2000/jw-1229-traps.html

This article is ten years old and is out of date with respect to current
Java best practices.  Since Java 1.5, the preferred method is
ProcessBuilder, which was meant to replace most uses of Runtime.exec().

> and another free advice, dont use some "java class you found on the
> net" to integrate in your project. A real developer would never use
> code he does not understand, it only leads to ugly legacy code that
> experienced developers have to fix after you leave.

As a "real developer", I do this almost every workday.

You do not know whether the original poster was using this for a
deployment system, or as a prototype to explore the problem space.
Exploration, testing the limits of your knowledge, and discovering how
code works are all parts of the development process.