where is the keyring location in windows XP

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Wed Aug 18 21:15:57 CEST 2010

Alex Smily wrote:
> Hi
>
> i am new to gnupg & email encryption. I have installed gpg4win on my
> machine...it is working fine , i am able to send and receive encrypted
> mails using Thunderbird (using enigmail plugin) & outlook. but i want to
> use outlook express so i decide to use GPGrelay but when i am installing
> it.. it is asking for keyring location which it didn find ..please let
> me know where the keyring location is in windows and any other config files

The keyring files, pubring.gpg, secring.gpg, trustdb.gpg, are stored by
default in %APPDATA%\GnuPG. This usually translates as

 - Window XP and earlier (XP/2000/NT) -
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\GnuPG

 - Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\gnupg

Any custom settings for GnuPG are stored in gpg.conf. It and any other
GnuPG config files are /normally/ located in the same directory as the
keyring files.

Is GPGrelay still maintained? Last I saw it had been quite some time
since any work had been done on it.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or