[OT] broken threading via gmane

Łukasz Stelmach lukasz.stelmach at iem.pw.edu.pl
Sun Dec 12 23:21:38 CET 2010

Hello.

I've noticed that Gmane's doing something evil to message-ids in this
group. I read several other groups via Gmane and this is *the only* that
has such broken threading.

E.g.

Hank Ivy started the "Protecting IDs at a keysigning party" thread with
e message

  <201012081420.14986.hankivy at hot.rr.com>

which has been mangled at Gmane to

  <201012081420.14986.hankivy__6874.93589143759$1291842486$gmane$org at hot.rr.com>

David Shaw's reply refers to the original non-gmane ID. Even though my
MUA (Gnus) puts David's message somewhere near Hank's (they share the
subject) it can't put it completely right. BTW David's message-id is
mangled to.

I assume it's because of some strange settings specific to this
particular group. Is there anyone who could, please, fix this?

PS. I send this message via Gmane with an ID:
  <874oaiocpp.fsf%lukasz.stelmach at iem.pw.edu.pl>
--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach