multiple trust signatures

Imran Khan imranoffline at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:58:36 CET 2010

Hi,

Can someone please guide me, if there are multiple trust
signatures(tsign) with different trust values and trust depth on the same
key k, what values (trust-value and trust-depth) are stored for the key k.
For instance :

key A----------tsign/3/full ---------->key B
-------------tsign/3/full---------->key D
       \
                     ^
        \---------tsign/2/marginal---> key
C------------tsign/2/marginal-------/

i.e. key A assign trust signature to key B with trust value (full) and trust
depth(3).
      key A assign trust signature to key C with trust value (marginal) and
trust depth(2).
      key B assign trust signature to key D with trust value ( full) and and
trust depth(3)
      key C assign trust signature to key D with trust value (marginal) and
trust depth(2)

and assume that key A is ultimately trusted key. than my understanding
and analysis is that if signatures for key D are read in the order of (B,
C), Key D's trust value and trust depth will be evaluated on the basis of
key C's (last read) signature and will be set to '0' for 'trust-depth' and
 'marginal' for 'trust-value'.Have I interpreted it correctly or am I
missing something?

The question is does it depends on the order by which signatures are
evaluated which will eventually store the value from the last signature
read?
Also can someone please answer whether trust signatures are made on the key
or (key,id) pair?

Best regards
Imran Khan.