Passphrase problem in gpgsm 2.0.14

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Feb 1 14:53:43 CET 2010

Am Freitag, 29. Januar 2010 17:18:33 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> Am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2010 15:36:06 schrieb Werner Koch:
> > A patch against 2.0.14 is attached.
>
> The signature on the email was broken for me (and for Marcus),
> this is for the email received via the email list.

To verify  the signature of Werner's original email, you can reverse the
whitespace change that broke the signature.

(Save the email in raw format. Join the following two lines to be one. Then
recheck the signature on the changed email.)
76,77c76

There is a long standing issue with Mailman breaking signature.
(I've developed a patch for a part of the problem, which after a few years got
accepted into mailman 2.1.13, see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/265967
https://launchpad.net/mailman/2.1/2.1.13
    - Mailman no longer folds long sub-part headers in multipart messages.
       In addition, Mailman no longer escapes From_ lines in the body of
       messages sent to regular list members, although MTA's may do it anyway.
       This is to avoid breaking signatures per Bug #265967.

Debian used to carry the patch for a long time.

Bernhard