GPG4Win: running gpg-agent with SSH agent support?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Feb 1 20:25:46 CET 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:03, simon at josefsson.org said:

> I've installed GPG4Win and it recognizes my OpenPGP smartcards without
> problem (via a gpg-agent process which appears to be auto-started
> somehow?).  However, I'd like to enable SSH agent support in gpg-agent

Yes, we do this on Windows because we have a well known socket name
there.  It may actually happen that two agents are started which does
not harm because the the unused agent detects this case and terminates
itself after some time.

> too, so that Cygwin ssh can make use of it.  Is this possible, if so
> how?

It can't work out of the box because ssh needs to implement our local
socket emulation (see libassuan/src/assuan-socket.c).  It would be very
useful if we could get support for this into putty.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner