key generation: email-address necessary?

Fri Feb 26 19:34:28 CET 2010

Hi,

I want to recreate my GnuPG keys. My question is if I can omit the email
address? Since I do not want my email addresses to appear on the
keyservers because of spammers and so on. I only want to put my name and
maybe my toplevel domain in the comment field.

Is the some kind of problem with this behavoir? Can email clients find
out what key to use if there is no known email address?

What do you think?

Kind regards from the CeBIT town;)

Martin
--
http://www.bretschneidernet.de/        OpenPGP-key: 0x4EA52583
         _o)(o_                     Albert Einstein: