distributing ones public key (email)

Chris De Young chd at chud.net
Wed Jan 20 21:43:20 CET 2010

Matthew Krotzer wrote:
> What is the best way to let people know you use gpg in an email signature?

I usually just sign my messages and figure that's sufficient advertising. I'm
sure that only a very small minority of my recipients bothers to validate the
disgnature, so advertising is actually one of the main values in routine
signing. (I know that's not exactly what you asked, but would it work for you?)

The only problem I have run into with this is the occasional client that
doesn't display the message body because, being a separate mime part, it
thinks it's an attachment, and so the recipient thinks there is not text in
the message.

These seem to be fairly rare these days though - or maybe I just don't know
many people who use clients like this.

Cheers,
-Chris