Using pinentry-curses interactively in Linux boot process fails

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Fri Jul 23 01:36:58 CEST 2010

On 7/22/10 6:13 PM, Malte Gell wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I have the following setup: a Linux luks encrypted partition. It is encrypted
> with a keyfile, the keyfile itself is GnuPG encrypted and stored in /root

> When I use these commands after booting, they do what I want them to do.
> pinentry-curses asks my PIN, I enter it and everything is fine. But when I use
> exactly these commands in my script, I simply get no pinentry-curses appearing
> on the screen...

Are all the files for gpg2 on your boot partition?  I'm not near a linux
box now, but I'm guessing some of the files you need are installed to
/usr/local/bin by default, which probably isn't available until after
the encrypted drive is mounted onto the filesystem.

--
Grant

"I am very hungry," Kobayashi said. "I wish there were hot dogs in jail."