GPG seems broken on FC13 after upgrade.

Perry, James J. jjperry at water.com
Thu Jul 22 16:54:08 CEST 2010

Thanks for the update.

As most of my GnuPG use is via script I normally do not see problems it
is when I am trying to resolve problem that I run into issues where the
new interface requires X or curses to interact with GnuPG.

Of course better error messages about not being able to connect to X
would have been very useful when I first noted the problem.

   -Jim

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:33, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> Fedora 13 removed 'gnupg' (i.e. gnupg 1.4.x) and caused the 'gnupg2'
(i.e. gnupg 2.x) package to replace it.  This breaks all sorts of
scripts and things that were written to use 1.4.x.

FWIW, the new 2.0.16 may help to mitigate this problem if the
--use-standard-socket option is used.  The agent will then be started if
needed.  You can't use this feature if your home directory is NFS
mounted or you are not using X.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner