Keyserver spam example

Jerry gnupg.user at seibercom.net
Fri Jun 11 21:00:09 CEST 2010

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:18:05 -0500
John Clizbe <John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org> articulated:

> Mark H. Wood wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 05:57:50PM +0200, Joke de Buhr wrote:
> >> You do not sacrifice legitimate incoming mail because there is an
> >> RFC that clearly states mailservers do not operate from dynamic IP
> >> addresses. Therefore they can not be considered valid.
> >
> > If there is such an RFC, it's rubbish; I run an MTA at home on my
> > dynamic address, and it works just fine, and is quite valid.
>
> EXACTLY what Mark said, "RUBBISH"
>
> MTA and keyserver here. My home ISP "blesses" me with a new address
> about once every six months. Router automagically updates my DNS
> provider and everything is good to go.
>
> Cite the RFC, please.

The Spamhaus PBL might very well list you.

76.185.38.113 is listed in the PBL

Mailservers using this blocklist would probably block mail from you.
Obtaining a static IP is easily done so I don't know why someone would
want to risk using a dynamic IP. In any case, a very large percentage
of SPAM originates from dynamic IPs, which is why I routinely block
them.

--
Jerry
GNUPG.user at seibercom.net

He's just a politician trying to save both his faces...